India’s agriculture sector faces a plethora of challenges –
- Much of the soil on farms is degraded due to over-use of fertilizers.
- Current farming techniques are largely chemical-based agri-inputs, resulting in low yields.
- There is a growing domestic and international demand for more transparency on agricultural practices.
- Suppliers of new generation organic, sustainable agri-inputs are small and largely unorganized.
- Product adulteration, poor product packaging and lack of transparency on product ingredients are other factors that plague the sector.
VillFarm has developed a broad product line of premium, proprietary, organic agri-input products covering categories such land preparation, seed treatment, basal application, pest management and adjuvants. These products are currently being distributed across South India and supported by a growing band of farmer technical advisors. VillFarm offers farmers the opportunity to improve the health of their soil, become organic-ready, while delivering higher yields for multiple crops.
Within 5 years, VillFarm plans to reach to over a million rural households in 15,000 Indian villages improving their income by at least 20%-30%. VillFarm will also train and hire 3,000 village-based farmer technical advisors providing needed employment to youth.