The most important criteria we consider when looking at a seed investment include:
- Experienced full-time management team including at least a founder/CEO. Co-founders are even better.
- Potential for serving up to 100,000 low-income families and/or create 1,000 jobs within 5 years
- Business developed beyond the concept stage - proof of concept complete or nearly complete
- Clearly differentiated value proposition
- Capital-light scaling model (does not require purchasing real-estate or other expensive assets)
- Strategies to build effective distribution and marketing programs