AmpHealth is a Unitus Seed Fund program that identifies, supports and invests in startups that are creating innovative scalable businesses delivering healthcare solutions for the masses in India. This program provides infusion of non-dilutive catalytic capital of up to INR 4 crore (~USD 600,000) along with seed venture funding and business-building support both from Unitus and our healthcare partners.
What does the AmpHealth program offer?
Up to INR 1.75 crore ($250K) of non-dilutive capital to fund immediate pre-commercialisation business progress
Up to INR 3.5 crore ($500K) of seed venture capital on achievement of mutually defined milestones
Support from Unitus Seed Fund and its partners to prepare for growth and raise scale-up capital
Areas of interest for investment
- Innovative medical devices (particularly pay per use)
- Artificial intelligence enabled innovations
- Home health products & services
- Health insurance technology innovations
- Single speciality clinics with capital light models
Key selection criteria
- Focus on delivering access to healthcare for the low-income masses in India
- Sustainably differentiated innovation across product, delivery or service
- Currently within 12 months of being ready for commercialization
- Have the right team to take the product/service to the market effectively
Our Healthcare program partners & expert advisors
Our partners bring invaluable global networks of leading healthcare practitioners and professionals, access to multiple teaching and operating medical facilities and more.
Pfizer is one of the world’s premier innovative biopharmaceutical companies that discovers, develops, manufactures and markets prescription human and veterinary medicines, and consumer healthcare products.
Dr. Michael J. Free, OBE, Ph. D., is a Special Advisor, Healthcare to Unitus Seed Fund. He also serves as PATH’s senior advisor emeritus, and as a senior advisor to major foundations and leading NGO organizations including Village Reach, Intellectual Ventures’ Global Good, and the Lemelson Foundation.
Our Healthcare investments
Our other investing initiatives
If you are a healthcare startup innovating for the masses and are seeking seed funding to accelerate your commercialization, we would love to meet you!
We also have a StartHealth Competition where entrepreneurs compete to win a prize of INR 6 lakhs and get priority access to our AmpHealth program along with consideration for Unitus Seed Fund's healthcare investment.