This position is based in Bangalore.
See all Unitus Seed Fund open positions >
Serving the low-income masses is a huge investment opportunity – a market of 1 billion people in India (often referred to as the Base of the economic Pyramid, or “BoP”) who are seeking better livelihood opportunities and access to affordable, quality products & services that improve their lives. As the economy continues to increase in optimism and grow, we select and invest in the most promising entrepreneurs tackling India’s greatest challenges using profitable business principles that can achieve massive scale.
As a venture seed investor, we invest very early, just after proof-of-concept. We invest modest amounts in a large number of companies and we crowd-in a community of experts / advisors to help founders to scale their impactful startups.
We invest across nearly all sectors that can be addressed with asset-light models with a primary focus on sectors including – healthcare, education and fintech. We also opportunistically invest in sectors such as agtech, mobile/ consumer, and other businesses that are innovating for the masses.
In this role, you will be working closely with the investing team, our portfolio entrepreneurs and on special projects that would involve responsibilities of global level.
Experience and Capabilities
The most vital areas of experience for a successful candidate include:
Education and Prior Experience
- Undergraduate degree. Degree in communication / business desired.
- Preferably with 2 years of writing / content experience. Business writing experience preferred.
- Proven commitment to, and understanding of startups, entrepreneurship, entrepreneurial ecosystem development and impact.
- Experience with writing and distribution across digital and traditional media will be highly valued.
- Proven experience with, and understanding of nuances of impactful long form and short form writing.
- Experience and interest in living or working in emerging markets is highly desired.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, creativity, and people skills.
- A digital native is required – someone who is tech-savvy and has experience working with web / cloud based applications and tools.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluent in English
Key personal skills and abilities include:
- Outstanding verbal communication and collaboration skills
- A love for audience experience and desire to drive content ‘lovability’
- Knowledge of online-learning content distribution and best practices
- Positive attitude and eagerness to work in a startup-like work environment with a focus on collaborative teamwork
- Quick thinker and highly collaborative; able to work in a non-traditionally hierarchical manner.
- A passion for entrepreneurship ecosystem in India
Specific Responsibilities & Objectives
- 50% Thought Leadership Support: Unitus Seed Fund team will regularly be developing and publishing content about the entrepreneurship ecosystem in India, asserting itself as a top thought leader on relevant topics. You will be required to support brain-storming ideas with team members, managing content calendar around these and help them with fluent writing / editing of high quality content
- 30% Distribution Support: Content is only good if supported with excellent and extensive distribution. You will be required to distribute content developed for thought-leadership through outreach to main-stream media, in-house newsletters, association partnership, social platforms, and influencer outreach.
- 20% Media / Influencer Relationship: A key aspect of this role is to get excellent distribution on desired platforms. As a part of this, you will be required to constantly monitor key and relevant publications, associations, organizations, influencers in the ecosystem, build and maintain relationships with them.
- Position title: Communications & PR Executive
- Reports to: Shreyas Ghuge, Director – Marketing
- Location: Bangalore, India
- Assignment: Full-time
- Suggested Start: April 2018