Unitus Seed Fund is a new $13 million seed-stage investment fund based in Bangalore and Seattle that invests in startups serving large, underserved low-income populations. We help startups “prepare for growth” via seed funding, strategic & operating support, providing critical connections, and securing growth capital.
More about our leadership team >
Investing & Operating Team
More about our investing & operating team >
More about our venture advisors >
More about our fund advisors >
More about our fund investors >
Unitus Seed Fund in the Media
More about Unitus Seed Fund media coverage >
More about our catapult partners >
Unitus Seed Fund is a part of the Unitus Group, a leader in early-stage equity and debt capital market development for businesses serving low-income (base of the economic pyramid or “BoP”) populations in India, Southeast Asia, China, Africa and Latin America markets. Affiliates of the Unitus Group include:
- Unitus Equity Fund is the first commercially-funded venture fund focused on early-stage microfinance institutions. Managed by Elevar Equity.
- Unitus Impact is actively investing in early-stage businesses which create BoP livelihoods opportunities.
- Unitus Capital is the leading financial advisory firm in India focused raising capital for businesses serving BoP populations.
- Unitus Seed Fund invests in startups which create opportunities for large low-income populations in developing countries.
- Unitus Labs, a public nonprofit, incubates ventures with promising scale-up potential.
More about Unitus Group >
Indian Impact Investors Council
Unitus Seed Fund is a founding member of the Indian Impact Investors Council (IIIC), a member-based industry body that aims to catalyze the growth of the impact investing sector in India. The main objectives of IIIC are:
- Impact Measurement and Standardization: Set standards for impact investing in India and function as the nodal body for impact measurement and reporting; develop impact assessment and measurement frameworks
- Research and Policy Support: Engage with policy makers to facilitate creation of a conducive policy framework for the impact investor community
- Brand Building/ Public Affairs: Strengthen the India impact sector story by disseminating information about the impact sector
Unitus Seed Fund is a member of the Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN). The GIIN is the leading nonprofit dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing. Impact investments are made into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate measureable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. Impact investments can be made in both emerging and developed markets, and target a range of returns from below market to market rate, depending upon the circumstances. Our membership signifies a commitment to deepening our engagement in the impact investing industry.